Re: [Exim] Multiple database question

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
A: Kelley Reynolds
Cc: List - Exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Multiple database question
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Kelley Reynolds wrote:

> It says in section 9 of the documentation that there can be a
> colon-seperated list of sql servers (in my case postgres). Is there
> a way to specify which queries go to which servers? It'd be nice to
> do the classic master->slave database setup for intensive
> applications where it writes to the master and reads from the
> slaves.

IIRC exim never writes to databases (I'm not counting the retry,
callout and similar hints dbs, which you wouldn't put on a remote
db server).

If your exim setup calls some external helper to add
some domain/host/address to a black or white list,
then I don't see a problem with making that
helper app use a different server from exim.

So I don't think your problem actually arises.
Or have I forgotten something ?

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna