Re: [Exim] Per-user and To-dependent SMARTHOST/AUTH config n…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Thomas Preissler
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Per-user and To-dependent SMARTHOST/AUTH config needed
Hello,

* Thomas Preissler schrieb am 12.12.2003:

> Hello folks,
>
> I am looking for a configuration for my fresh exim-4.21 which sets
> the SMARTHOST depending on the user and/or to-address.
> I found multiple user configurations, but no one handles
> to-addresses. The other problem is, that that configurations were
> very old, and did not work with my version...

Selfmade. Analyzed other configuration samples and read the docu.

I use /etc/exim/passwd.clients with this content:

tomtom: from=tomjohn@??? smarthost=mail.gmx.net login=YYYYYY pwd=XXXXXXXXXXX

I use this authenticator:

cram_md5:
driver = cram_md5
public_name = CRAM-MD5
client_name = "${extract{login}{${lookup{tomtom}lsearch{/etc/exim/passwd.client}{$value}fail}}}"
client_secret = "${extract{pwd}{${lookup{tomtom}lsearch{/etc/exim/passwd.client}{$value}fail}}}"

I use a rewriting rule, too. All is working perfect. Mails can be
sent.

As you can see above, I reference *directly* to user "tomtom" (line
"client_name" and "client_secret".)
That's not perfect. Which variable can I use that the cram_md5
authenticator is user-independent? Or must I define an authenticator
for every user?

BTW, now I am thinking about the to-address-dependent
configuration...

TIA,
Tom