[Exim] How to get local mail from a headless system?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mike
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] How to get local mail from a headless system?
I have a Debian headless server running and occasionaly various services
will send email to root. Root is aliased to a user I had set up to receive
mail. When I remember, I ssh into the server and use mutt to read the
mail.

What is the best way to read this mail from another system? I suppose I
could setup a pop or imap server up as well on this system? Or I could
configure exim to somehow send the mail to another server instead of
local?

What is the best/easiest thing to do?

FYI I set up Debian on this server but I do not actively interact with it.
So I am not well versed with how Debian sets things up. Apparently it set
up Exim by default. I am not familiar with Exim either.

Thx