Re: [Exim] Re: Large queue sizes - big directories - and Rei…

Author: Bill Hacker
To: exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: Large queue sizes - big directories - and ReiserFile System
Marc Perkel wrote:

> It's related to exim in that people were discussing load problems with
> big queues and reiser fixes that proble.

"...related".... - certainly.

"...fixes...." - maybe.

Perhaps vs 'vanilla' exe2/exe3 ... but unless Reiserfs has made
*dramatic* progress recently, it brings a few of its own - i.e sometimes
looks better on paper than it does under load or after a power outage.

Most of the *N*X'es can mount any of many file systems, several of which
are a good fit for this sort of need *and* historically more reliable -
or at least have a longer and/or better-known behaviour pattern than
Resierfs.

But I still think that fs research and discussion is best pursued OT to
Exim, per se, as fs choice is just too big a field in its own right -
not to mention the interaction of various RAID or NFS mount choices.

- As this is already a high-traffic list on Exim alone, I would hope we
can preserve that focus......

YOMD, and I am not a 'moderator' in any case...

Bill