Re: [Exim] large retry and wait-remote_smtp files

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Paul
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] large retry and wait-remote_smtp files

    Paul> Hi All, We are using 3.36 on a large mail server and are
    Paul> trying to reduce some bottlenecks on our system. I've
    Paul> noticed our retry and wait-remote_smtp files are quiet
    Paul> large. Both around above the 60mb + mark. Can these be

# exim_tidydb /var/spool/exim retry
# exim_tidydb /var/spool/exim wait-remote_smtp

    Paul> /usr/local/exim/bin/exim -bd (for smtp daemon) and
    Paul> /usr/local/exim/bin/exim -q5h (for mail queue runner)

Why 5 hours? -bd -q15m might be a better idea.

And run a local caching nameserver.

And shunt deferred mail to a secondary server for delivery.

    srs

--
linux@??? (Suresh Ramasubramanian)
jaharkes@ravel:/usr/src$ mv linux Gnu/Linux