[Exim] Strange Problem

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Simon Lange
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Strange Problem
im usin exim4.24 with mysql backend
redhat 7.3 (x86)

im usin vexim for configuration of the virtualdomains and its Maildirs
(courier imap).

however, everything works fine but since a couple of days i recognized sum
strange problems.

it seem that several webinterfaces (assume postfix/sendmail) are doin a
bad job and i have no clue why.

situation:
registering at a forum or sending an email via the webinterface of gmx,
web.de ... well i guess you know what i mean

however i tell them they shall send a mail to lange@???

their system tries to send a mail BUT to the wrong emailaddress! instead
sending to lange@??? they send to
lange@???

first i thought this is a local problem on my side although i have not
changed anything! but i checked meanwhile:
/etc/aliases OK
exim4.conf OK
mysql connect OK
mysql users table OK
router conf OK
transport conf OK
DNS zones OK
NICs DB entry for the domains OK

at this point i was pretty frustrated and had no idea so i decided to
shutdown exim and start exim in debug mode to log en detail what happens
if web.de tries to deliver.

UNBELIEVABLE!

the logs shows it: they write "RCTP TO: lange@???"
instead of the correct email-address. but WHY!?

meanwhile the list of websites havin this issue with sum of my domains is
increasing day by day. but ALL of them usin apache for their mails.

it started on december the 7th 2003 so i guess there was an update for
postfix/sendmail which causes this issue.
the trouble is i cant fix this on my side (at least i dont know how)
because - what shall i do when I do enter the address correctly but the
remote system does send it IN FACT to another address?!

srv1.polynaturedesign.com is the prio10 MX for the domain usrangers.net.
the domain itself says mail.polynaturedesign.com as MX-entry but points to
the ip of srv1. of course mail is NOT a cname to srv1 because rfs forbids
cnames for MX entries.

any ideas any contacts to postfix/sendmail?

because this causing a lot of bounces many recipients wont notice this and
maybe wondering why the amount of mails is decreasing. i think this is a
real dangerous problem.

help!

regards

Simon

--
- Simon Lange, Neuetorstr 17, 21339 Lueneburg
- Chefredakteur - www.theCENTER.at - netWork