Re: [Exim] Help with HELO and switching sender-verify off, b…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mike Meredith
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Help with HELO and switching sender-verify off, both per domain.
--
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:10:12 +0000, Ruth Ivimey-Cook wrote:
> > helo_accept_junk_hosts = cbiz.co.uk

You'll probably want the IP address of the server connecting in there
rather than the mail domain.

> 2003-12-07 04:31:49 no IP address found for host cbs_mail.cbiz.co.uk
> (during SMTP connection from sources.redhat.com [67.72.78.213])

"cbs_mail.cbiz.co.uk" ain't in the DNS. I think that's just a warning
anyway unless you've got something set that I don't.

> and /etc/exim/noverify_hosts has lines like this:

Again you might want to stick the hostname or IP address into that file
rather than mail addresses/domains. Of course if "cbs_mail" comes at you
from tons of random hosts (like your logs imply) it's going to be tricky
to get it to work.

> What have I done wrong?

You've tried to get an Internet mail server co-operating with something
that isn't ... even if an incompetant admin thinks it is.

--
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer
University of Portsmouth: Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security