[Exim] Re: Spam block ACL by MX (Adam D. Barratt)

Author: Silmar A. Marca
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re: Spam block ACL by MX (Adam D. Barratt)
I'd like to receive mails "From:" my local domains only by my MX servers

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 18:32, Silmar A. Marca wrote:
> Whow to allow domain send only by MX servers???
> Example:
> "*@grupogsn.com.br" only accept by MX servers of domain "grupogsn.com.br"

The simple answer is: don't.

MX records specify *incoming* mail servers. There is no reason why
outgoing mail should be emitted by an incoming mail server and in fact
in many cases it's likely not to be the case.

You would risk losing significant amounts of legitimate mail. The MXes
for the domain in my `From:' header bear no relation to any of the
machines that this mail will traverse on its way to exim.org.

Adam