Re: [Exim] Domain literals: weighing up the arguments

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tim Jackson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Domain literals: weighing up the arguments
On Sun, 7 Dec 2003, Tim Jackson wrote:

> a) they should not be overly put off by the scary warnings in the Exim
> config: enabling domain literals won't in itself enable abuse of your
> server.

I will review the scary warnings next time.

> b) they should at least consider allowing postmaster@[their.ip]

I certainly do not feel anywhere near as strongly about the single
address postmaster@[ip] as I do about domain literals in general. With
Exim 4 it is easy enough to accept this one domain literal address and
no others. With Exim 3 that wouldn't have been easy - and I suspect not
even possible.