Re: [Exim] yahoo.com makes callout senderverify unusable!?

Author: Jethro R Binks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] yahoo.com makes callout senderverify unusable!?
On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Matthew Byng-Maddick writes on 12/4/2003 11:35 AM:
> > My point was that I'm happy to accept the freemail, provided that it came
> > through that freemail's systems. What I'm not happy to accept is freemail
> > addresses coming from random hosts on the internet. If you can't account
>
> .forwards

As another example to throw in the mix, that I have witnessed (I pass no
comment on whether it is a good idea or not); some online greeting card
sites ask for an email address, and generate their e-card with that as the
sender (both From: and MAIL FROM).

Not that you'd be missing much if they were getting rejected I suppose ...

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services
University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK