Re: [Exim] callbacks and <>

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Marc MERLIN
Para: Andrew - Supernews
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] callbacks and <>
On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 07:07:16PM +0000, Andrew - Supernews wrote:

> Sp> Hello,
>
> Sp> Anyone know of a way to force sender callbacks to use
> Sp> postmaster@??? instead of a null sender <>?
>
> Think about what happens if two sites do that, and then one tries to
> mail the other.

Because if you implement callbacks, you're most likely not refusing <>
What I already discussed with Philip was to have callbacks that first do
MAIL FROM: <>
fail null mail from
or
RCPT TO: <dest>
fail null mail from
RSET
MAIL FROM: <postmater@mysite>
RCPT TO: <dest>

If you do that, it's reasonably safe.
I think Philip agreed to it (it's been a while, so I might be wrong),
but I guess it hasn't been implemented yet (I haven't had any time to
work on this myself recently)

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/   |   Finger marc_f@??? for PGP key