[Exim] Converting Exim3 Instructions (which are partial) is …

Author: David H.
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Converting Exim3 Instructions (which are partial) is this correct?
Hello All.

I am trying to covert Exim3 instructions. Unfortunately the convert
script seems to only work on a full exim3 config file ? This I tried to
convert my entries manually. Could someone please tell me how close I
am? Thank you

trusted_users = mail : sympa

remains the same

# Add these transports to transports section
#
sympa_pipe:
driver = pipe
command = "/usr/lib/sympa/bin/queue $local_part"
return_path_add
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add

sympa_special_pipe:
driver = pipe
command = "/usr/lib/sympa/bin/queue $local_part$local_part_suffix"
return_path_add
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add

sympa_bounce_pipe:
driver = pipe
command = "/usr/lib/sympa/bin/bouncequeue $local_part"
return_path_add
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add

[...]

all of the above remains the same.

# Add these directors to directors section
#
sympa:
driver = smartuser

I changed to driver to read
sympa:
    driver = accept

# if you want to restrict only to some domain, put there
#
domains = mydomains

transport = sympa_pipe
require_files = /var/lib/sympa/expl/$local_part

sympa_special:
driver = smartuser

I changed to driver to read
sympa_special:
    driver = accept
   # if you want to restrict only to some domain, put there
   #
   domains =mydomains

transport = sympa_special_pipe
suffix = -request : -editor : -subscribe : -unsubscribe
require_files = /var/lib/sympa/expl/$local_part

sympa_bounce:
driver = smartuser

I changed to driver to read
sympa_bounce:
    driver = accept
   # if you want to restrict only to some domain, put there
   #
   domains = mydomains

transport = sympa_bounce_pipe
suffix = -owner
require_files = /var/lib/sympa/expl/$local_part

I've forgot another little addings... in directors configuration you
have to add/modify the system_aliases director as:
system_aliases:
driver = aliasfile
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
file = /etc/aliases
search_type = lsearch
user = sympa

This entry I did not touch I am using what is the default in exim4 is
that correct?

Furthermore my /etc/alias file has entries like:

mylist : "| /path/to/sympa/queue mylist@???"

Thank you

- -d