Re: [Exim] Address rewriting active for exim, inactive for t…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: exim
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Address rewriting active for exim, inactive for the recipient
So, like, the other day "Odhiambo G. Washington" mumbled:
> * Marek Szuba <scriptkiddie@???> [20031202 23:35]: wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I haven't even managed to solve my previous problem (too bad nobody
> > seems to have any ideas what's wrong) and here's another one. The
> > following rules exist in the config:
> >
> > *@myhost.mydomain.com   $1@??? FrfsR
> > *@*.internal     $1@??? FrfsR

> > And once again the problem couldn't be that it simply doesn't work, oh
> > no... "exim -brw" tests show the addresses rewritten as they should be,
> > log entries for outgoing messages (created with mutt or mailx, haven't
> > tested other clients) show mail.mydomain.com instead of
> > myhost.mydomain.com - but when the recipient opens the message, it's
> > myhost everywhere.
>
> What do you mean by "myhost everywhere"???
>
> > I simply do not understand it...
>
> Neither do I.
>
> > Been staring at the manual for hours, to no avail.
>
> Perhaps looking at the wrong chapter.
>
> > Could you help?
>
> I'd like to try but I have to get what you mean first.
>
>         cheers
>        - wash

Hmmm.. So, I think I had a similar thing at one point.
Maybe it is not related to exim proper, but rather some
aspect of "hostname" as defined by the system. Or some
version of hostname as found in the /etc/hosts or DNS.
How is it that exim is determining what the canonical
name for your mail should be?

jdl