Re: [Exim] Sample exim.conf for use with exim and courier-po…

Author: Juha Saarinen
To: Sean Rima
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Sample exim.conf for use with exim and courier-pop3d for virtual users
Sean Rima wrote:

> This is a MIME GnuPG-signed message. If you see this text, it means that
> your E-mail or Usenet software does not support MIME signed messages.

You probably don't need to GPG sign messages to a public mailing list
that deletes the signatures anyway...

> --
> Does anyone know where I can see a sample of a exim.conf for use with
> virtual users and cxourier-pop3d

You could try something like the below which work for me:

# Example.com router
domain:
driver = accept
domains = example.com
local_parts = lsearch;/etc/exim/$domain.aliases
retry_use_local_part
transport = example

# Example.com transport
example:
driver = appendfile
check_string =
directory = /home/example.com/${local_part}
envelope_to_add
group = example
maildir_format
message_prefix = ""
message_suffix = ""
return_path_add
user = example

In the $domain.aliases file, put the aliases for {post|host}master etc.

The above delivers mail into /home/example.com/username/Maildir, from
where the courierpop3d can pick it up.

Could no doubt be refined...