Re: [Exim] Malware and Spam Scanning in an ISP environment w…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Malware and Spam Scanning in an ISP environment with "Mandantenfaehigkeit"
On Sun, 30 Nov 2003, Marc Haber wrote:

> pipe delivery and re-submit:

> - exim -bt only shows the pipe delivery instead of the real target

You should add address_test=false to the router that sets up the pipe.

> system filter:
> - runs at the start of every delivery attempt
> - re-scans queued message on each queue run

You should add "if not first_delivery then finish" at the start of
your filter.

> I think it would be a good idea if it would be possible to have a
> local_scan_late function which is called after exim has taken
> responsibility for the message and the SMTP transaction has been
> completed. The API would be the same, with the sole difference that
> the REJECT return codes of the function would cause a delivery failure
> which would in turn result in a bounce being generated.

This is effectively a "system filter" with a different API.

> Philip, would you consider applying a patch to exim that adds a
> local_scan-to-Milter-Interface to exim? Thanks for your consideration.

I don't know anything about milter, but I have the impression that it is
a daemon that listens on a socket? Is this right? If so, it should not
be too hard to write an interface for it. This has in fact been on the
Wish List for quite a long time.

Philip