[Exim] exim4 catchall?

Author: Mike Schiraldi
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] exim4 catchall?
I had catch-all addresses working well on my box, and then i switched to a
new version of Debian, which gave me exim4 and a completely new style of
configuration. I haven't been able to get catch-all working on the new box,
and was hoping someone may be able to help.

My old method was to add, to the end of the Directors section, the
following:

  catchall:
    driver = smartuser
    new_address = blah@???

This doesn't work now -- i get:
  Exim configuration error in line 241:
    router catchall: cannot find router driver "smartuser"

The FAQ says:

(1) If the result of aliasing is always a local user name [...] use the
redirect_router option on the router to specify that processing the
generated addresses must start at the next router. For example:

    redirect_router = userforward

Unfortunately, i don't understand the example -- which file am i supposed to
put that line in? What part of it? Am i literally supposed to put
"userforward", or the name of the next router? Which should be the next
router, i.e. which router should this go before?

Can anyone post an example showing how to modify an exim4 config tree to add
this sample set of rules?

* All mail from external senders to domains other than mydomain.com gets
rejected (no relaying)

* All mail to foo@??? and bar@??? gets rejected.

* All other mail gets delivered to localuser "me".

Thanks