Re: [Exim] blocking fake yahoo and hotmail

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] blocking fake yahoo and hotmail
Suresh Ramasubramanian said:
> Kevin Reed writes on 11/29/2003 11:18 AM:
>
>> There is a sample of it on the forum.
>>
>> http://exim.got-there.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=465#465
>
> Small problem - you will find hotmail hosts helo'ing with hotmail.com

Which would be accepted. Not sure what the problem is, that is the point
unless I am mis-understanding what you are talking about.

> and I have seen at least some mail from hotmail hosts that don't have
> rDNS (maybe they just deployed a new IP block and rDNS hasn't propagated
> yet before the IPs came into production ..)

Which would not be accepted...

Recently, I've found ISP's pretty quick to fixing rDNS problems though. I
guess they are catching on?

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums