Re: [Exim] Too many mail coming through secondary mail serve…

Author: Kevin Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Too many mail coming through secondary mail server
Sujit Choudhury said:
> We have two Mats with gouda being the primary.  Shook-up shows the
> following:
> wmin.ac.uk      preference = 10, mail exchanger = panther.wmin.ac.uk
> wmin.ac.uk      preference = 5, mail exchanger = garuda.wmin.ac.uk

> However lot of mail (approximately 10%) still comes to the secondary,
> even from outside. Can anybody suggest what can be done to reduce the
> number of mail to secondary mail server?

How about don't run one??

If you don't like the fact that traffic is going to it (something that
spammer like to do), then why are you running one in the first place?

Many sites no longer have a secondary mail server.

--
Kevin W. Reed - TNET Services, Inc.
Unoffical Exim MTA Info Forums - http://exim.got-there.com/forums