Re: [Exim] E-mail address SQL problem

Author: Bill Hacker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] E-mail address SQL problem
Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On (2003/11/27 09:19), Philip Hazel wrote:
>

>>Bottom line: "local domains" are whatever you define them to be.
>

> As an example...
>
> I have local domains and non-local domains, where the only difference is
> in the handling of non-existant localparts:
>
>     local domain:        fail
>     non-local domain:    dnslookup

> Instead of configuring routers and ACLs around the notion of locality of
> domain, I use the notion that addresses are either "locally routable"
> or not, the answer being returned by an... interesting PL/PGSQL stored
> procedure.

And, no doubt, 'valid' or not...

Bravo!

The way an MTA *should be* driven, IMHO - whether the DB is a 'heavy
lifter' like PG or simpler, such as GDB / BDB.

> Way flexible, is our old Exim. :-)

Hope so - will be looking at Exim+DBmail, later replacing DBMail to
implement some 'interesting' DB-based plans of my own....

Goal is easier single-sign-up and single-sign-on mail services with Plone...

> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

Regards,

Bill