[Exim] Re: Re: NB: return-path problem

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Matej Cepl
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Re: Re: NB: return-path problem
Andreas Metzler wrote:

> How do you set "From: " with mailx?

OK, you've got a point :-( I used mailx as the very minimum, but
what I really meant was mutt (which I use sometimes when not
running X or through ssh). Yes, I know, I could use 'set
envelope_from', but cannot I just have exim do this for me?

> And I still wonder what you actually want. You have rewriting
> rule for matej in /etc/email-addresses and wonder why it does
> not rewrite mails with From: cepl?

Something like this:

if (user="matej") then
        if (from = "matej<at>myowndomain") or \
           (from = "cepl<at>ISPdomain") then
                envelope_from = from
        else
                envelope_from = matej<at>myowndomain
else if (user = "ceplova") then
        envelope_from = ceplova<at>herschooldomain
else
        do_nothing (* keep original envelope_from, so that mails
                      from root etc. would fail when leaving to
                      the outside world *)

> What exactly does not work?
>
> I send an e-mail with Envelope-From _____ and From: ____ to
> ____ and want it to have Envelope-From _____ and From: ____ to
> ____.

Currently everything above work, except that when I (matej) send
an email with From: header "cepl<at>ISPdomain" it gets
envelope_from "matej<at>myowndomain". So probably what I would
like to achieve is something like this (forget
/etc/email-addresses):

                     cepl<at>ISPdomain \
                 else matej<at>myowndomain \
                 endif frFsq

Any thoughts?

        Thanks for patience with a clueless newbie,

                Matej

--
Matej Cepl,