Re: [Exim] Re: NB: return-path problem

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: NB: return-path problem
On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 09:08:19PM -0500, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Andreas Metzler wrote:

> >> However, when sending emails to the localhost:25 via SMTP,
> >> everything works smoothly (and the cepl@??? leaves
> >> with envelope cepl@???).

> [...]

> > The fact that kmail can simply deliver to localhost:25 via SMTP
> > instead of using /usr/sbin/sendmail.

> I know that (see above),

I read the quote above as: "I have tested localhost:25 with telnet"
;-)

> but still I would love to have exim
> fully functional (even with mailx if possible).

How do you set "From: " with mailx?

And I still wonder what you actually want. You have rewriting rule for
matej in /etc/email-addresses and wonder why it does not rewrite mails
with From: cepl?

What exactly does not work?

I send an e-mail with Envelope-From _____ and From: ____ to ____ and
want it to have Envelope-From _____ and From: ____ to ____.