[Exim] Migrating from qmail / how to add mysql support

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Robert Mena
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Migrating from qmail / how to add mysql support
Hi,

I am a complete newbie with exim so please forgive me
if my questions are too simple. After searching the
archives and FAQ I could not find an anwser so...

I currently run a small email server which uses qmail
(multilog, tcpserver, qpop3d and so on) in order to
receive/deliver the messages to my users. I've
patched the original qmail to add support for mysql as
the source for information : password, home_dir,
quota, uid, gid used to deliver the message, alias,
virtual domain.

I plan to move from qmail to exim but seems vital to
understand how can I do the same stuff with exim, _if
possible_ without having to change the database.

So perhaps the first question would be how can I
integrate exim so it uses mysql to query those fields
?

Since today I have no users in my shadow/password they
all share the same uid/gid. It is possible to do that
with exim ?

regards,

rt