Re: [Exim] Continuing question

Top Pagina
Auteur: Sander Smeenk
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Continuing question
Quoting Eric Balsa (ericb@???):

> Why is the case when the connection to mysql is unavailable in
> +local_domains the mail is immediately denied?

It's a PANIC. An abnormal situation. Therefore exim decides to
temp-reject (mind you) the message, instead of accepting it. Because
maybe, further on in the routing process, more SQL queries might be
needed to route the message, and those would then fail too.

I don't think it's a bad thing (tm).

> I would think it should (or at least should have the option to) follow
> the failed case of the string expansion?

I think it should not, and current behaviour is fine. You could ask for
an option to change this behaviour, but imho it would only bloat exim.

Sander.