Re: [Exim] SMTP proxy on a different port

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Andreas Metzler
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] SMTP proxy on a different port
On Mon, Nov 24, 2003 at 11:18:43AM +0100, Harry Brueckner wrote:
> I am using exim (3.36-9) on a Debian Woody system and have a problem with
> its configuration.

> I want to use my ISPs SMTP proxy server which runs on any port I want,
> e.g. 443 and uses SMTP authentication.

> I configured exim like this:

> smarthost:
>    driver = domainlist
>    transport = remote_smtp
>    route_list = "* my.smtp.server.com:443 bydns_a"

> remote_smtp:
>    driver: smtp
>    authenticate_hosts = my.smtp.server.com

> login:
>    driver = plaintext
>    public_name = LOGIN
>    client_send = ": username : password"

> How can I setup exim to use another port to deliver mails to?

Set the port option on the respective transport and remove ':443' from
the routing rule.

If you use the remote_smtp transport to other hosts, too, I suggest
copying the transport:
smarthost:
driver = domainlist
transport = remote_smtp_443
route_list = "* my.smtp.server.com bydns_a"

remote_smtp_443:
driver: smtp
port = 443
authenticate_hosts = my.smtp.server.com