Re: [Exim] Exim dog slow

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Richard Welty
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim dog slow
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:01:35 -0800 James Nedila <krusty@???> wrote:
> I've searched in the archives for this problem, and I found a few
> messages about slowness, but nothing related to my problem.

actually, some of them were certain to be related to your problem.

> When I try to send an email, it hangs for about 30 seconds or so.
> The first message I get when it finally stops waiting is:

> ident callback failed

> What does this mean, and why would it cause exim to hang for so long?

exim is trying to do an ident call, and who ever it is querying is
blackholing the packets instead of formally refusing to answer.

you can either fix the offending remote hosts so they handle ident
properly (answering or explicitly refusing, instead of discarding),
or you can change the following flag in your exim config to a
shorter value:

rfc1413_query_timeout = 30s

i suggest either 0s (disabling ident) or something shorter like
4s or 5s which will seem more tolerable.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???