Re: [Exim] Temporarily rejected RCPT with no apparent reason…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marilyn Davis
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Temporarily rejected RCPT with no apparent reason (fwd)
It was suggested in private mail that it could be the dns. But it
can't be in our case because our dns is handled by our isp. Right?

A big chunk of the log is at:

http://www.maildance.com/pipermail/testc/2003-November/000016.html

I have marked all the temporarily rejected RCPT's with "iii" at the
beginning --> except for the ones that have an associated "unexpected
disconnection". Maybe it'll help someone to see a pattern or
something.

In yesterday's logs, all the temporarily rejected RCPT entries also
say "Could not complete sender verify" and they have the associated
"unexpected disconnection". During the episode, even the messages
with associated "unexpected disconnection" have temporary rejections
without a reason.

Are these clues?

My log snippet begins with the first unexplained temporary rejection
(mail from this list!) - and then the problem is intermittent for a
while and then solid temporary rejections for a while before it clears
up.

Please help if you can.

Thank you.

Marilyn Davis