[Exim] Re[2]: [Exim] Exim and RFC 2821 compliancetoken:201ce…

Góra strony
Autor: Richard Welty
Dla: exim-users
Temat: [Exim] Re[2]: [Exim] Exim and RFC 2821 compliancetoken:201ce6be1e4ee8b816008ad52cb06cde:JXr(JcSd
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 07:39:19 -0500 Ken Lowther <hermit@???> wrote:
> Education and training "worth absolutely nothing"? You guys are tough! So many
> people qualified to throw that first stone now days. :(

this is horribly offtopic, but i'll chance aggravating the list admin.

the negative attitude towards certs these days among many engineers
seems to come from a couple of issues, both of which have a degree
of legitimacy.

1) we've all seen a few too many MCSEs, CNAs, CCNAs, etc., who
are all book learning with no real understanding of what they're doing.
at this point, even the CCIE cert (which i used to have a lot of respect
for) has been devalued to a degree.

2) HR departments are starting to use the certs as crutches when sorting
through resumes. those of us who were too busy working to get certs
back during the boom are now being shut out of jobs because we don't
have the magic acronyms to our credit, and arguably many of us are
better qualified than the holders of certs. it's frustrating, because the
resumes are getting roundfiled before we even get a chance to talk
to a technically oriented human being.

so at some level, putting a long list of certs in a signature is like
waving a red flag in front of a bull.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@???