Re: [Exim] Filtering messages on server during delivery

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Michael Haardt
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] Filtering messages on server during delivery
> I've read about Exim filters, but as I understand thay are used mainly for routing. I've also
> took a look at maildrop but it does not support MySql.

Filters are run during routing. Aliases, as most people know them,
route mail to new addresses or files. Filters are just fancy aliases.

Both Exim filters and Sieve filters could be used for your purpose.
Filters can be stored in files, but are not restricted to that. I store
filters in LDAP directories, MySql should do as well.

Basically, you you set up a router with the condition that the destination
address uses a filter. Define a file transport for it, so the filter
can route mail to folders. If there is no filter, your existing router
and transport will be executed.

Michael