Re: [Exim] Missing helo/ehlo entry in headers when reverse e…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Andre van der Walt
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Missing helo/ehlo entry in headers when reverse entry is the same
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Andre van der Walt wrote:

> Recently I have noticed that when the reverse entry of a hosts is exactly
> the same as the "helo/ehlo" entry it will leave out the "helo" entry, after
> the ip, in the headers out Anyone know why this is happening or how to fix
> this?? Had a look on Google but did not find anything.

This is the way it is supposed to work, so as to try to keep your
multi-megabyte Exim log files just a little bit smaller than they might
otherwise be. The correct case is that the host does give its correct
name in HELO. The exception case is when it doesn't, and that's when
Exim is saying "this host is not behaving strictly correctly" by logging
the HELO value separately.