[Exim] LMTP->News config help please

Author: Troy Engel
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] LMTP->News config help please
I'm attempting to implement a lmtp to news gateway using this program:

http://www.ossp.org/pkg/tool/lmtp2nntp/

I made an RPM for lmtp2nntp and installed, and recompiled my exim binary
(4.24) with TRANSPORT_LMTP support. So far so good. :) I should not that
my news server is on another machine, in case it matters.

Now, can anyone help figure out how to configure a router and transport
to actually use this? I'm assuming the transport will look very similar
to the example in the docs:

   lmtp:
     driver = lmtp
     command = /usr/sbin/lmtp2nntp -i /etc/lmtp2nntp.conf {options}??
     batch_max = 20
     user = mail

So, how would a router look that could somehow match a given list and
know how to send it? Ie, let's say I have an Amazon email address and a
newsgroup for amazon talk (imagine amazon is a client or something).
Emails sent to 'amazon-news@???', I want to pass to this lmtp2nntp
program so that it gets posted to something like 'fluid.clients.amazon'.

I think this will require some fancy matching commands, much like my
SpamAssassin stuff:

   spamcheck_router:
     no_verify
     check_local_user
     # When to scan a message :
     #   -   it isn't already flagged as spam
     #   -   it isn't already scanned
     #   -   it isn't local
     #   -   it isn't from one internal domain user to another
     condition = "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} {!eq
{$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}} {!eq {$received_protocol}{local}}
{!eq {$sender_address_domain}{$domain}} } {1}{0}}"
     driver = accept
     transport = spamcheck

Can any of you exim.conf config masters out there provide a lil stepping
stone to get me going in the right direction? My initial thought is to
name all email gateway accounts with "-news" in them, so I can trap them
in a router condition? That sound like a good plan?

Thanks! Private email is A-OK too. :) Once I get this figured out, I'll
put into an example file bundled with the RPMs....

-te

--
Troy Engel, Systems Engineer
we code so you don't have to