Re: [Exim] manualroute router misbehaves when used with suff…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] manualroute router misbehaves when used with suffixes
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Marc Haber wrote:

> To me, a surprising default value. Any reasons for choosing this?

Prefixes and suffixes were invented a long time ago, long before LMTP
and local mailstores were around. They were intended for use in filter
files. It seemed to me to be entirely sensible to keep the two (or
three) parts in separate variables. Thus $local_part is commonly the
local user, with the prefix and/or suffix in different variables. Such
deliveries were entirely local - appendfile, usually. There was no
thought about transmitting the envelope sender further.