Re: [Exim] Repeat delivery problem

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: Smith, A.D.
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Repeat delivery problem
On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 11:56, Smith, A.D. wrote:
> I have a nasty email problem, exim is returning
> "Segmentation+Fault+-+core+dumped at smtp time, instead of returning a
> 250 OK.
> There seems to be no loggin in the syslog, or exim logs to back this
> up. Any idea what's caused this, and how I can rectify the situation,
> because exim thinks the message has been received okay, where as the
> remote server does not.

Try repeating the SMTP session by hand in debug mode - ie
    /usr/sbin/exim -d -bs

and see where it dies.

I'll lay good odds on it being a corrupt db file involved (especially if
you have done some form of upgrade that could hit your db/dbm libraries
- ie the latest glibc upgrade), so disposing of the hint files may be
worth doing, and checking any db files you use. However running the
transaction in debug mode should show you where it explodes.

> Is this a bug?

Yes, but not necessarily in exim.

    Nigel.