[Exim] manualroute router misbehaves when used with suffixes

Top Pagina
Auteur: Marc Haber
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] manualroute router misbehaves when used with suffixes
Hi,

I have a mailing list setup with multiple exploders where it is
required to forward some addresses with suffixes to a central machine,
while piping addresses without suffix to a local process. I am using
the following routers to accomplish that:

sympa_suffix_remote:
domains = lists.example.com
require_files = /usr/local/sympa/expl/$local_part/config
local_part_suffix = -subscribe
driver = manualroute
route_data = master-host.example.com
transport = remote_smtp

sympa_queue:
domains = lists.example.com
require_files = /usr/local/sympa/expl/$local_part/config
driver = accept
ransport = sympa_queue_transport

However, when I send mail to foo-subscribe@???, it gets
forwarded to master-host.example.com, but with recipient
foo@??? which then causes an error on the remote side.

The relevant log entry says
|=> foo@??? <foo-subscribe@???> R=sympa_suffix_remote T=remote_smtp H=master-host.example.com [a.b.c.d]

debug_print on the sympa_suffix_remote router correctly shows that
-subscribe is detected as $local_part_suffix. How can I have exim keep
the suffix for the recipient when forwarding to the remote site?

What am I doing wrong?

Greetings
Marc