[Exim] ld.so and database problems with exim.

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dave L.
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [Exim] ld.so and database problems with exim.
Here's how this newbie conquered persistent exim installation woes on Linux.

ld.so.conf

I was getting errors that said "ld.so" when make was trying to compile
database stuff. I tried the shotgun method and installed sleepycat's
Berkeley DB (I hear it's pretty modern). Didn't help, though, make still
barfed and complained about database stuff while compiling exim.

It turns out that on Linux, the linker, ld, has a config file: ld.so.conf. I
re-make'ed the sleepycat DB to remember where the binary installed, and then
added the path to the directory that contained the DB binary (strangely, I
didn't actually add the path to the binary itself, just to the directory
that contained it), ran make on exim again, and voila... it installed.

This is actually mentioned in the readme, but it's one of those esoteric
things I wouldn't have figured out without a little guidance. Unfortunately,
it's also pretty basic system administration.

I hope this helps another newbie, and I hope this counts as penance for
running up the signal to noise ratio on the mailing list.

Shoutouts to curioscat on Dalnet.

-- Dave.

From Beethoven to the Rolling Stones, your favorite music is always playing
on MSN Radio Plus. No ads, no talk. Trial month FREE!