Re: [Exim] libClamAV and local_scan()

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Sheldon Hearn
Para: Pete Naylor
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] libClamAV and local_scan()
On (2003/11/14 10:25), Pete Naylor wrote:

> Each to their own. I don't like to brush the virus/worm problem under the
> carpet so that users of insecure desktops get complacent - if they don't
> get infected via email then they'll almost certainly download some
> infected binaries via HTTP and FTP (not to mention sneaker-net). I prefer
> that scanning for viruses happen on the desktop where resources are
> largely wasted, and where the user can be fully responsible for all the
> possible modes of infection.

Sounds very much like the thinking of a technical person, not the
thinking of a businessman.

As a business manager, I don't want my staff being "fully responsible
for all the possible modes of infection" in my office.

If my mail administrator tells me that he can close down a few of them
with a centralized solution, I'll go for it.

But you make a good point. A very common problem is workstations that
are unprotected against viruses because their operators trust the mail
server's filtering. Then someone plugs a laptop in that was infected
at home, and _bang_.

As usual, the solution that works for the business is probably a
compromise involving multiple solutions.

Ciao,
Sheldon.