Re: [Exim] Exim debug - more information needed ...

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Simon Alman
A: exim
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim debug - more information needed ...
I've figured out what some of the problem was. I am delivering to
multiple virtual users as a user called vmail. Because the users don't
have shell accounts exim can't assign a proper home address and defaults
to "/" for some reason. But, when I set:

transport_current_directory = /home/vmail/domains/$domain/$local_part/
transport_home_directory = /home/vmail/domains/$domain/$local_part/

In the .forward file router then it assigns a proper directory. I'm
still not completely clear what current_directory variable is used for
but included it for completeness. If anyone has an example of when
current_directory would be useful then I'd be interested to understand
more. The problem was that when exim uses vacation then it needs to
create a db file called .vacation. Because it had a home_directory
setting of "/" it didn't have permissions to do this. Once the
home_directory was set to the virtual users directory then vmail had
permissions to create the file.

So, vacation replies now work but are sent from user vmail. The next
thing I need to do is to get the replies crafted so they appear to be
sent from the user and not from vmail itself.

Regards

Simon