Re: [Exim] temporarily rejected RCPT -> fixed itself?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Sander Smeenk
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] temporarily rejected RCPT -> fixed itself?
Quoting Tim Jackson (lists@???):

> > I'm just guessing, but maybe this means, sa-exim couldn't connect
> > to your spamd? Either way, I think this PANIC error in sa-exim
> > caused the temp. reject of Exim.
> Not the earlier tempreject errors in his post (and in the subject line),
> because they're at RCPT time, so can't be anything to do with SA.

Are we entirely certain that the messages were rejected at RCPT time?

It's just a log-line, it could well be that exim (or sa-exim makes
exim..) log the reject like 'temporarily rejecting RCPT <...>'. Did
Marylin actually try to deliver a message by hand, with telnet, and see
when the message was rejected?

If you look close at the logs Marylin sent us, you'll see that the
messageID that was rejected because sa-exim couldn't feed the message to
spamd (Broken Pipe) was rejected with the same message: 'temporarily
rejecting RCPT <...>'.

Sander.