Re[3]: [Exim] temporarily rejected RCPT -> fixed itself?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Marilyn Davis
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re[3]: [Exim] temporarily rejected RCPT -> fixed itself?
Thanks again Tim,

Tim Jackson <lists@???> said:

> From lists@??? Mon Nov 17 16:08:40 2003

> Not the earlier tempreject errors in his post (and in the subject line),
> because they're at RCPT time, so can't be anything to do with SA.
>
> (True though that these SA errors would have caused a DATA-time
> tempreject, and do look like a problem with spamd: Marilyn, I think you
> experienced two distinct problems here, one at RCPT time and one at DATA
> time)

Yes. I'm thinking the same thing now. I see that I get that same
PANIC error once in a while before this incident. I should look into
that too.

Maybe the exim problem was masking the sa-exim problem, triggered to
go after the reboot.

Can the kernel mess up its file descriptors or something?

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Richard Welty wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:50:19 -0800 (PST) Marilyn Davis <marilyn@???> wrote:
>
> > Thank you Richard.

> > > in general, temp rejects right after a reboot generally mean that some
> > > anciliary process (PostgreSQL, MySQL, clamd, etc.) didn't start
> > > at the same time as exim.
> >
> > Hmmm. This would be a process that exim is instructed to use in the
> > configure file? There are only dnslookup, dsearch and lsearch going
> > on in that configure file.
>
> as someone else pointed out, make sure that your DNS resolver
> is up and running.

Is this something on my machine? My /etc/resolv.conf is:

nameserver 206.13.28.12

and that is all. That's a pacbell machine ... off site. I'm a little
leaf node out here.

> are any of your searches against file systems that failed to mount?

No. All the same file system.

> i'm not sure how exim will behave in that circumstance. it bears
> looking into.

Thank you for thinking about it.

Marilyn