Re: [Exim] SASL AUTH

Author: mb
To: Dan Weber
CC: Phil Brutsche, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SASL AUTH
On Nov 15 Dan Weber wrote:

>More or Less I would like to have sasl support. That way I can share a
>mechanism across the software on my box.

I use saslauthd to share the PLAIN and LOGIN mechanisms. It's quite nice
to use, as if our LDAP world decides to implode I can switch to PAM in
exactly one place, and IMAP and SMTP cinotinue to work :). I considered
writing a more direct SASL authenticator (for CRAM-MD5, DIGEST-MD5 and
particularly GSSAPI) but others on the list thought this unnecessary.

I may well look at it anyway in a month or so--I don't think it's too
difficult from a programming POV.