[Exim] Exim, with a mysql-lookup problem

Author: Miles Barry
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim, with a mysql-lookup problem
Hello,

Firstly,I'm pretty new to exim, but so far, I love it.

I am running an Exim + Cyrus-IMAP setup, and I am having one problem.

When using mysql lookups, everything works except for the following:

command = "/usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver ${lookup mysql{ SELECT maildir FROM
users WHERE email='${local_part}@${domain}' }}"

What it should do, is when say the email address "miles@???" is
found, it should return "miles\\\\@milesbarry.com", the later being from the
field "maildir". However I get the following error

2003-11-15 15:33:13 1AL1U9-0001W3-K9 == miles@???
R=virtual_mysql_accept T=local_delivery_cyrus defer (0): Expansion of
"${lookup" from command "/usr/local/cyrus/bin/deliver ${lookup mysql{ SELECT
maildir FROM users WHERE email='${local_part}@${domain}' }}" in
local_delivery_cyrus transport failed: missing lookup type

But, if I use the following instead of a look up:

command = /usr/lib/cyrus/bin/deliver ${local_part}\\@${domain}

this works fine!

I've tried for a couple of weeks on and off, but I am getting no where fast.

Can anyone advise me as to what exactly I am doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Miles.

http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess