Re: [Exim] libClamAV and local_scan()

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Clive Goodhead
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Pete Naylor, exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] libClamAV and local_scan()

> Though I believe virus scanning belongs on the client workstation

rather
> than the server, I'm being pressured to implement some form of

antivirus
> on the mail system I maintain :( I'd like to use libClamAV via

Exim's
> local_scan() function. Before I start work on this, has anyone

already
> put any effort into this goal?
>
> Yes, I'm aware of MailScanner and exiscan - no, I don't want to use

them.

You are welcome to take a look at what we developed. We call
it exifilter and the current version may be downloaded at:
http://www.cornwallinternet.com/software/exifilter-0.6.tar.gz.
We use it on a reasonably low volume mail server, but I see
no reason why it should not handle higher volumes.

Please note:

1. It does not use the Clam library; it uses clamd.

2. I have not updated it since the beginning of this year
and hence it does not yet use the very latest ripmime.

3. It uses version 0.54 of Clam AntiVirus, because I have
not been sufficiently happy with the stability of more
recent versions on the FreeBSD platform that we use. (I
understand the version released this week is better.)

4. No warranty!

I hope the code is self explanatory.

Regards

Clive Goodhead
Cornwall Internet Limited
Registered in England, registered number 3387326.
Registered office: Montaza, Fore Street, Goldsithney,
                   Penzance, Cornwall.