Re: [Exim] Exim + Mailscanner on freeBSD

Author: Michael Caplan
To: Kirill Miazine
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim + Mailscanner on freeBSD
Hi Kirill,

Thanks again for the tips. Perhaps this is an error with the Makefile,
but building returns the following either when I add
WITHOUT_ALT_CONFIG_PREFIX=yes: to make (or directly uncommented in the
Makefile):

poly# make WITHOUT_ALT_CONFIG_PREFIX=yes install
===> Extracting for exim-4.24_4
>> Checksum OK for exim/exim-4.24.tar.bz2.
>> Checksum OK for exim/exiscan-acl-4.24-13.patch.bz2.

===> Patching for exim-4.24_4
===> Applying distribution patches for exim-4.24_4
===> Applying FreeBSD patches for exim-4.24_4
===> exim-4.24_4 depends on shared library: iconv.3 - found
===> Configuring for exim-4.24_4
Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/exim.

Perhaps this is due to a bug in the makefile:

.if defined(WITHOUT_ALT_CONFIG_PREFIX)
SEDLIST+=       -e 's,^\ALT_CONFIG_PREFIX=,# ALT_CONFIG_PREFIX=,'
.endif

Thanks,

Michael