Re: [Exim] system filter for renameing attachments

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Alan J. Flavell
Para: Exim users list
Asunto: Re: [Exim] system filter for renameing attachments
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Oliver Egginger wrote:

> I'am looking for system filter which can rename attachments, for
> example: program.exe -> program.exe_

If I'm forced to choose, I rather prefer being offered unmodified .exe
attachments, which we can reject on sight. (Of course I'd really
prefer that we wouldn't be offered either type).

I'm getting sick of thousands of different variations on "sanitised"
virus shrapnel produced by misguided mail scanners, and sent to
counterfeited addresses in our domain from counterfeited addresses
elsewhere: I'm trying to (ab)use spamassassin recipes to keep them out
along with all the other undesirable nuisances, but still an
unacceptable number of them get through.

> Also it would be nice, if we could place a warning messages into these
> emails. Something like:
> !! Attachement renamed - Attention: don't execute unknown attachments !!

For all the good that it might do! Sorry, I think your medicine is
worse than the disease. Just reject them and be done with it.

Are you sure that your jurisdiction even permits you to interfere with
the contents of emails? That's a question - it's not any kind of
legal advice, which I'm not qualified to offer.