Re: [Exim] case insensitive addresses

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: David Saez
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users, ph10
Aihe: Re: [Exim] case insensitive addresses
Hi !!

> > 2003-11-12 12:14:55 1AJstP-0005EB-1p => mamoune@??? <MAMOUNE@???>
> > F=<inesherrero@???> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp S=3415
> > H=rtm-mail.rtm.gov.ma [194.204.226.35]
> >
> > looks like exim consider a rewrite to make the original address
> > lowercase, is that correct ? any way to make it case insensitive ?
>
> However, when Exim does an SMTP delivery, as in the above log line, what
> is actually sent in the RCPT command is the address with the original
> casing preserved. That is, what the log line is telling you is
>
> (a) The routing was done using "mamoune@???".
> (b) The mail was transmitted using RCPT TO:<MAMOUNE@???>

I noticed this is used to expose the fact that that two addresses are
different. When routing was done with the very same address as the one
used on the RCP TO it only logs one address. I were just making some
log parsing utility to identify rewritten adresses and found that (looks
like a rewritten address but it's just a case difference)

--
Best regards ...

Useless Invention: Digital clock-winder.

   On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
   Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
   08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53