[Exim] problems with embedded perl v5.8.2-1 support

Top Pagina
Auteur: Patrick Eisenacher
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] problems with embedded perl v5.8.2-1 support
Hi,

I'm new to the list and I hope this is the right place for asking my
question. I have problems getting embedded perl support working for exim
v4.24-1 and perl v5.8.2-1. Embedded perl support was fine before with
perl v5.8.0-3. I'm wondering whether anybody else on this list is
experiencing similar problems.

I built exim with Local/Makefile containing
EXIM_PERL=      perl.o

running
make Local/Makefile configure

and further modifying my platform specific Makefile to contain the
following lines:
PERL_CC=gcc
PERL_CCOPTS= -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -fno-strict-aliasing -I../minires
-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.2/cygwin-thread-multi-64int/CORE
PERL_LIBS= -s -s -L/usr/local/lib
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.2/cygwin-thread-multi-64int/auto/DynaLoader/DynaLoader.a
-L/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.2/cygwin-thread-multi-64int/CORE -lperl -lcrypt
-lutil -lgdbm_compat

before running
make go
make install

I'm working on cygwin on a Win2k box with binary mounts.

Exim works fine until it starts the perl interpreter at which time it
crashes, generating an empty exim-4.24-1.exe.stackdump. The panic log
remains empty.

$ exim -d -bd -q30m -ps
Exim version 4.24 uid=1000 gid=513 pid=1612 D=fbb95cfd
Probably GDBM (native mode)
Support for: iconv() PAM Perl OpenSSL
Authenticators: cram_md5 plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply pipe smtp
changed uid/gid: forcing real = effective
uid=1000 gid=513 pid=1612
auxiliary group list: 513 544 545
configuration file is /etc/exim.conf
log selector = 0c1d99f8
Starting Perl interpreter

If I don't start exim with perl_at_startup, it crashes once it loads
perl, 'Starting Perl interpreter' is again the last line of debugging
output that I get and the mail is stuck on the mailqueue. Running as a
demon doesn't crash the main process, so I guess it's the childs that crash.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Patrick