[Exim] Exim Spawning Daemons - High Load

Top Pagina
Auteur: Joseph Kezar
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Exim Spawning Daemons - High Load
I have exim running on a domain that typically has alot of volume
inregards to email traffic. I am noticing a bizarre phenomenon where
the load starts to go very high, very quickly. I do a ps ax | grep exim
and I see originally (1) exim -bd -q2h and (3) exim -q and some exim -Mc
$id.

When the load starts to creep above 6 I get a second exim -bd -q2h(or
maybe I am doing the chicken before the egg, maybe this causes the load)
eventually I will have several (n) exim -bd -q2h's in mmy process list
and the load will eventually exceed 50. I have to issue
/etc/init.d/exim restart and all is corrected for a short period of
time. Any idea why this behaviour is happening. tailing -f the mainlog
looks fine(just alot of traffic, some from a single connection) and
exiwhat shows excpected output(I think).