Re: [Exim] secondary MX in a world of spammers

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Steve Lamb
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] secondary MX in a world of spammers
Tony Finch wrote:
> The second requirement puts heavy demands on
> your update and testing procedures -- I see little point in a machine
> that requires sysadmin time without doing much useful work.

     If it puts heavy demands and takes admin time then you're doing something
seriously wrong.  Furthermore a secondary, a decent secondary, can do useful
work.  I see mail, more than just spam, come in from my secondary all the
time.  I know my connection isn't down but darned if some connection between
the sender and me wasn't snafu'd for a few minutes.  Others have expressed how
they find it useful, some of which I have experienced myself.

     Just because YOU don't feel it is useful doesn't make it so for the rest
of the universe.