[Exim] Automating out of office

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tim Wiser
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [Exim] Automating out of office

Hi,

I'd like to set up some sort of system that allows people to set their own
out of office messages. I'd like the system to live inside a system filter
(as we're running Exim 3.33) and work by people sending commands to an
email address. Either they email themselves with "AWAY" in the subject
field and the message that they want to use in the body, or they email a
special address - outofoffice, perhaps - with the same sort of setup. I've
scripted the recognising of the commands and so forth but I want to know if
it's possible to, in a system filter, write files to home directories and
set permissions. Can this be done? Is it possible to save just the
$message_body of an email to a file?

Tim.