Re: [Exim] exiwhat

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Scott Courtney
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] exiwhat
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Scott Courtney wrote:

> Okay, Exim runs as user "exim", group "mail".
>
> The spool directory is /home/exim/spool/. It is owned by "exim:mail" and
> has permissions of 755.
>
> There is an exim-process.info file in the spool directory, owned by
> "exim:mail" and with permissions of 640. I ran "exiwhat" and verified
> that this file is successfully deleted and re-created, with the same
> ownership and permissions.

That sounds good. But does the file acquire any content?

One test you could do would be to run an extra daemon that doesn't
actually do anything, but with debugging enabled. While it is running,
use "exiwhat" and see if the debugging output is useful. For example,
run

exim -d -bd -oX 1225

which will listen for SMTP input on port 1225, and write debugging
output to your screen. You can kill such a daemon with ^C because it is
still connected to the terminal.

As an alternative to exiwhat, just send the process a SIGUSR1 signal,
and see what that does.