Re: [Exim] secondary MX in a world of spammers

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Leonardo Boselli
Para: Dominik Ruf
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] secondary MX in a world of spammers
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Dominik Ruf wrote:
> > I'm a traditionalist, so if we offer it, we'll offer it as strictly
> > store and forward, and won't attempt to store local lists of users,
> > spam-preferences, etc.
> Please don't do this. Maybe Exim's rcpt-callout with defer_ok
> could do a bit to work around some problems.
>
> But in these days with forged sender-envelopes in both spams
> and worms, you'll end up mailbombing innocent users with your
> bounces. This is really annoying.
> > And what I'm thinking is that if we offer it as a strictly store and
> > forward service, we end up with way too much spam on our servers and we
> > do clients a disservice because they can't bounce spam on "rctp to".
> Not only that: As said above, you'll also negativly affect third
> parties.

There is a problem in this approach: assume that you ahve a number of
adresses popping up and down, that is, some addresses that last just a few
days, but must be active immediately.
I would not trade the convenience of a secondary MX that forward me
immediately as soon i am back on line, rather than one that does not send
me spam, but reject an address i created one second before !